We have PhD positions available for 2019. For informal inquiries please email Allan.
Want to do independent research at the School in St Andrews? We are looking for talented future colleagues. See this link for details.
- Our collaborative study with the Sutherland group at the University of Glasgow is published in Organic Letters. Congrats to the whole team! [link]
- Eilidh wins a poster prize at the SCI Women in Chemistry event in Nottingham. Congrats Eilidh!
- We welcome our CDT students Dominic, Macieji, and Virginie into the group for their miniprojects.
- Julia’s review of biocatalytic aminoacid preparation is published in Journal of Biotechnology. Congrats Julia! [link]
- Nicola gives a talk and Matt West presents a poster at the Perkin Meeting at Strathclyde.
- Matt Ashford wins the runner up poster prize at the St Andrews Postgraduate Symposium. Congrats Matt!
- David presents a poster at the RSC Organic Meeting in Burlington House.
- Eilidh and Matt West present posters at the SCI Modern Developments in Organic Synthesis meeting and Eilidh wins the runner up poster prize. Congrats Eilidh!
- David’s paper is highlighted in Thieme. [link]
- Our flow paper with the Burley group (http://www.burleylabs.co.uk/) has been highlighted in Nature Communications. [link]
- Our collaborative study with the Burley group (http://www.burleylabs.co.uk/) on flow-based CuAAC bioconjugation is published in Nature Communications. Congrats Marine! [link]
- Our study on the use of vinyl Bpin as a bifunctional reagent is accepted in Synlett. Congrats David! [link]
- Welcome to our new project students Brodie and Daniel.
- Welcome to our new PhD student Amand Connor.
- Our collaborative study on the Chan-Lam reaction of N-aryl sulfonamides is published in ACS Catalysis. Congrats Julien! [link]
- Our study on the use of DMI in cross-coupling reactions is accepted in Synlett. Congrats Kirsty! [link to follow]
- Welcome to our new PhD student Eva Israel.
- Our collaborative biocatalysis paper is published in ACIE. Congrats Julia + team! [link]
- Welcome to our new postdoc Dr Nicola Bell.
- Our first asymmetric catalysis study is published in ACIE! Congrats Chao! [link]
- The group say good bye and good luck to Dr Chao Xu and Dr John Molloy.
- Our Pd anion metathesis paper is highlighted in SynFacts [link]
- Allan gives talks at GSK UP, Universities of Ottawa/Carelton, Queens Ontario, Alberta, and at the 2018 CSC in Edmonton.
- Some of the group’s Green Chem work is highlighted in the ACS Med Chem Tips and Tricks [link].
- Our collaborative study with the Gilmour Group at Münster on photochemical isomerization of styrenyl organoborons is highlighted in C&EN [link].
- Joe passes his PhD viva with Prof Paul Stevenson as examiner. Congratulations Dr Dixon!
- John passes his PhD viva with Prof Ian Fairlamb as examiner. Congratulations Dr Molloy!
- Allan talks at the Chem Symposium at UEA.
- Our collaborative paper on selective bromodomain inhibitors is published in J. Med. Chem. Congrats to the team! J. Med. Chem. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jmedchem.7b01666.
- Our paper on the use of Cyrene in amidation reactions is accepted for publication in OBC. Congrats Kirsty! Org. Biomol. Chem. DOI: 10.1039/C8OB00653A.
- Our total synthesis/SAR study of coronatine is published in Nature Communications. Congratulations Mairi! Nat. Comm. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-03443-1.
- Kirsty, Marine, and Allan will be presenting in various forms at the ACS in NOLA.
- Julien passes his PhD viva! Congratulations Dr Vantourout! Thanks to Prof David Procter for doing the honours.
- Our work with Cyrene is highlighted in the ACS Nexus Blog [link].
- Our collaborative study with the Gilmour Group at Münster on photochemical isomerization of styrenyl organoborons is published in ACIE. Congrats John, Jan, and Constantin! Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 3186–3172.
- Julien wins a poster prize at the 1st Alpine Winter Conference on Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry. Congrats Julien!
- Our study of Pd(II) anion metathesis is published in JACS. Congrats, John, Ciaran, and Matt! Interrogating Pd(II) Anion Metathesis Using a Bifunctional Chemical Probe: A Transmetalation Switch, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 126−130.
- The group moves to St. Andrews!