We have PhD positions available for 2019. For informal inquiries please email Allan.
Want to do independent research at the School in St Andrews? We are looking for talented future colleagues. See this link for details.
- Our first asymmetric catalysis study is published in ACIE! Congrats Chao! [link]
- The group say good bye and good luck to Dr Chao Xu and Dr John Molloy.
- Our Pd anion metathesis paper is highlighted in SynFacts [link]
- Allan gives talks at GSK UP, Universities of Ottawa/Carelton, Queens Ontario, Alberta, and at the 2018 CSC in Edmonton.
- Some of the group’s Green Chem work is highlighted in the ACS Med Chem Tips and Tricks [link].
- Our collaborative study with the Gilmour Group at Münster on photochemical isomerization of styrenyl organoborons is highlighted in C&EN [link].
- Joe passes his PhD viva with Prof Paul Stevenson as examiner. Congratulations Dr Dixon!
- John passes his PhD viva with Prof Ian Fairlamb as examiner. Congratulations Dr Molloy!
- Allan talks at the Chem Symposium at UEA.
- Our collaborative paper on selective bromodomain inhibitors is published in J. Med. Chem. Congrats to the team! J. Med. Chem. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jmedchem.7b01666.
- Our paper on the use of Cyrene in amidation reactions is accepted for publication in OBC. Congrats Kirsty! Org. Biomol. Chem. DOI: 10.1039/C8OB00653A.
- Our total synthesis/SAR study of coronatine is published in Nature Communications. Congratulations Mairi! Nat. Comm. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-03443-1.
- Kirsty, Marine, and Allan will be presenting in various forms at the ACS in NOLA.
- Julien passes his PhD viva! Congratulations Dr Vantourout! Thanks to Prof David Procter for doing the honours.
- Our work with Cyrene is highlighted in the ACS Nexus Blog [link].
- Our collaborative study with the Gilmour Group at Münster on photochemical isomerization of styrenyl organoborons is published in ACIE. Congrats John, Jan, and Constantin! Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 3186–3172.
- Julien wins a poster prize at the 1st Alpine Winter Conference on Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry. Congrats Julien!
- Our study of Pd(II) anion metathesis is published in JACS. Congrats, John, Ciaran, and Matt! Interrogating Pd(II) Anion Metathesis Using a Bifunctional Chemical Probe: A Transmetalation Switch, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 126−130.
- The group moves to St. Andrews!